You are probably asking yourself, Can I cash a check at Hunnington Bank?’ Well, that is the objective of this article. Continue reading and learn more about check cashing and deposit services at Huntington Bank.
So, does Huntington Bank cash checks?
Yes, Huntington Bank offers a variety of check-cashing services for customers in person, or remotely. Remote check cashing or deposit can be achieved using the Huntington Bank Mobile app.
Huntington Bank Check Cashing Policy
Huntington has put in place several measures that make it possible to have a seamless check cashing and deposit experience. The cashing process is subject to the existing cashing policy at the bank.
The check cashing policy at Huntington Bank provides that: the check must be endorsed first, and the person cashing it must have a valid government ID such as a passport or driving license.
The process of cashing the check at the Huntington Bank is as follows:
- Flip the check and endorse it by signing on the first line, where it is indicated (in most checks) ‘sign here.’
- Prepare the identification document.
- Present the check for cash, and provide the bank account (for deposits) or the identification document if you would like to be given cash.
The types of checks cashed at Huntington Bank include:
- Payroll checks
- Personal checks
- Banker’s checks
- Traveler’s checks
- State & Government checks
- US Treasury checks
Huntington Bank Check Cashing Fee
Huntington Bank check does not charge a fee for cashing checks for customers of the bank, i.e customers who have an active checking account with the bank.
Those who do not have a bank account are charged a check processing fee of 2% each time a check is deposited in the bank.
Huntington Bank ATM & Mobile Check Deposit
ATMs and mobile apps are a convenient way of depositing checks at Huntington Bank. This way Huntington Bank customers can deposit a check without stepping into the bank branch.
Huntington has made ATM and mobile check deposits more efficient and beneficial to their customers through the All Day Deposit service, in which customers get an opportunity to deposit checks even after the regular cut-off time has passed.
How do I make a mobile or ATM check deposit at Huntington Bank? Well, in the section below we show you how to do just that.
Mobile check deposit at Huntington Bank
As already stated, mobile check deposit at Huntington Bank is made possible by the use of mobile apps. Android users can find the app in the Google Playstore repository whereas iPhone users can find the app in the AppStore.
The steps to follow when depositing a check using the Huntington Mobile App are:
- Install the Huntington Mobile app (if you have not yet done that, otherwise open the app).
- Log in to the app and select ‘Deposit’.
- Choose the account you would like to deposit to and enter the amount to be deposited.
- Endorse the check at the bank by signing at the indicated section.
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check.
- Review and confirm the deposit to ensure everything is okay and press ‘enter’.
- After the check has been credited, destroy the check within 2 weeks
ATM Check Deposit at Huntington Bank
The steps to deposit a check at a Huntington Bank ATM are:
- Endorse the check then bring it to the ATM you would like to deposit to.
- Deposit directly into the Huntington ATM as it is without envelopes or covering.
- Enter the relevant details including the bank account where the check amount should be deposited.
- Confirm the amount to be deposited into the account.
- Take the photo receipt dispensed by the ATM machine.
Huntington Bank Check Deposit Availability
Generally, Huntington Bank strives to ensure that customers’ funds are made available to them as soon as possible.
The availability of funds after check deposits depends on a variety of things such as the duration you have been a customer of the bank and the specific type of check.
Customers who have active checking accounts for 30 or fewer days will have up to $500 available for withdrawal after a period of 1 business day. The rest of the funds would be available on the next business day.
Customers who have had an active checking account at Huntington Bank for more than 30 days will have all of their funds ready for withdrawal after just 1 business day regardless of the amount.
Other types of checks may need more than 1 business day to be processed and the funds made ready for withdrawal.
Some of the checks that may have longer delays include Federal Bank reserve checks, Postal Money Orders, Treasury checks, state government checks, traveler’s checks, and checks drawn on the Huntington National Bank.
FAQs on Huntington Bank Check Cashing
Can I cash a check at Huntington Bank without an account?
Yes, you can definitely cash a check at Huntington bank even if you do not have an account with them.
Some of the ways you can do this include:
- Cashing the check at the issuing bank. So if the issuing bank is Huntington Bank (i.e the bank’s name is preprinted on the check) you can definitely cash the check at any of the Huntington bank branches.
- You can also deposit the check onto a checkless debit card account pr pre-paid card account using the Huntington Bank ATM.
What do I need to cash a check at Huntington bank?
To cash a check at Huntington bank all you need is a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport.
To do in-person cashing at the bank, or to deposit into your account using the ATM or Mobile app, you need to have an active checking account with the bank.
How long does it take for Huntington bank to clear a check?
It takes about 1 business day for a check to clear at Huntington Bank after it has been deposited for cashing.
Huntington bank mobile check deposit endorsement
Before you deposit the check through the Huntington mobile bank app, you need to endorse the check first. To do this you simply flip the check and sign at the back, then take the photo of the signed check and upload it to the mobile app.
READ MORE: Does Harps cash personal checks?