Explore the Wells Fargo check-cashing and check deposit policies for their customers, including both account and non-account holders. We will also describe how to perform both ATM and Mobile check deposits at Wells Fargo successfully.
Wells Fargo Check Cashing Policy
Does Wells Fargo Cash Checks? Yes, Wells Fargo does cash a variety of checks including personal, payroll, and government stimulus checks.
The fee charged for cashing checks depend on the type and value of the check being cashed, and whether the customer has registered an active account with Wells Fargo.
What is the Wells Fargo check cashing limit? At Wells Fargo, checks are generally cashed the same day they are deposited at the nearest Wells Fargo branch. However, it is not uncommon for the process to take up to 24 hrs depending on the time of the day they were availed for cashing.
Wells Fargo Check-cashing Fee
Does Wells Fargo charge you to cash a check? Well, the answer here is Yes or No depending on whether or not the customer has an account with them.
For customers who have a Wells Fargo bank account, there is no fee charged to cash a Wells Fargo check.
On the other hand, Wells Fargo charges $7.50 as the check-cashing fee for non-account holders who wish to cash the Wells Fargo check.
Wells Fargo Check-cashing Limit
Wells Fargo has two sets of check cashing limits for their customers. Account-holders have a check-cashing limit of $10,000 whereas non-account holders have a check-cashing limit of $2500.
Wells Fargo Check-cashing App
The Wells Fargo check-cashing app is simply a mobile-based application that enables you to cash a check and loads the money directly to the bank.
This means it is basically a system for mobile check deposit loading, which has been handled in detail in this article.
Wells Fargo Check Deposit
Normally, checks are deposited at the branch to facilitate processing. However, technological advancements have made it possible to deposit checks without having to visit the banking hall.
At Wells Fargo, apart from the traditional bank-hall deposits, you can also deposit a check via mobile phone apps or at the ATM.
Wells Fargo Mobile Check Deposit
The Wells Fargo Mobile Check Deposit is a modern way to deposit your checks using smartphones or tablets thereby saving you the time you would have used to visit a physical bank branch for physical processing of the check.
To do this you would need to have a smartphone running on either the iOS or Android operating systems and install the Wells Fargo app.
Why choose Wells Fargo Mobile Check Deposit
There are many reasons why you should choose to use the Wells Fargo Mobile check deposit, and they include:
- Versatility: Using just a few taps it is possible to load your checking or savings account.
- Simplicity: The process is facilitated by the Wells Fargo app which is free and simple to use.
- Convenience: Mobile deposits are very convenient because there are no transactional charges and the fact that you can perform the transaction remotely.
How to Perform Mobile Check Deposits at Wells Fargo
The mobile check deposit process using Wells Fargo systems is as simple as it can get. please follow these steps to perform the mobile deposit .
- On your smartphone or tablet, download the Wells Fargo Mobile app, and log in to your account.
- In the bottom bar, select Deposit. Alternatively, you can utilize the Deposit Checks shortcut.
- From the ‘Deposit to’ menu, choose an account. It will be pre-selected if you have set up a default account.
- Enter the amount of the check. The remaining daily and 30-day mobile deposit limits for your account will also be displayed on the screen.
- Select Continue after double-checking that the amount entered matches the amount on your check.
- Sign the back of your check and write “For Mobile Deposit at Wells Fargo Bank Only” underneath your signature (or select the box that says “Check here if mobile deposit” if one is available).
- Photograph both the front and back of your approved check. You may snap a picture by pressing the camera button.
- After you’ve double-checked your deposit details, click Deposit.
- We’ll send you an email and an on-screen confirmation after we’ve received your deposit.
- On the face of the cheque, put “mobile deposit” and the date after you’ve made your deposit.
Wells Fargo Mobile Deposit Availability
How long does it take for a mobile check deposit to go through at Wells Fargo? If you deposit a paper check at a branch or an ATM before the indicated cut-off time, they will load your account the same business day.
Each check deposit is reviewed to see if the bank can instantly make the entire check or a portion of it accessible for your use. Numerous criteria influence whether a deposit is eligible for quick funds access.
Generally, any monies that are not immediately available to you are credited to your account during the next nighttime processing and made available to you the next day. Transactions are processed from Monday to Friday, except on holidays.
Wells Fargo ATM Check Deposit
Can I cash a check at a Wells Fargo ATM? Yes, you can definitely deposit and cash your check if you can access a Wells Fargo ATM near you.
ATM check deposits at Wells Fargo are quick, efficient, and convenient because you do not need envelopes and deposit slips to complete the process.
In fact, the Wells Fargo machines run on highly innovative technology in that both the cash deposit and check values are summed up right on the screen as you watch.
FAQs on Wells Fargo Check Services
Let us review some of the commonly asked questions regarding check cashing and deposit services at Wells Fargo.
Does Wells Fargo cash checks without an account?
Yes, Wells Fargo does cash checks even when the customers do not have an account with the bank, but as long as the check is issued by Wells Fargo. You should remember that the fee charged for cashing such a check would be higher than for those who have an account with the bank.
Can I cash a check at the Wells Fargo drive-through?
Yes, you can cash checks at the Wells Fargo drive-through as long as there is an ATM that you can use to deposit the check.